The Kumbh Festival – 2001 at Tirthraj Prayag began on the full moon night (Purnima) of the month of Paush. The Kumbh Festival is held at Haridwar, Ujjain and Nasik every four years, but the Kumbh at Prayag has a special significance. The Kumbh Festival is marked by the fact that it is held at the banks of holy rivers every 12 years. In Prayag it is held on the banks of the rivers Ganga-Yamuna and the mythical Saraswati, in Haridwar at Ganga and in Nasik at the Godavari. A great fair is held on these occasions on the banks of these rivers with a huge congregation of devoted pilgrims.
The Prayag Kumbh
This Kumbh is considered to be the most significant of all as it marks the direction of wisdom or light. This is the place where the sun, symbolizing wisdom, rises.
- Assistance upon arrival and departure
- Accommodation on Twin sharing basis as per itinerary listed above or similar
- Daily Breakfast + Dinner (only packed lunch will be provided during long day trips)
- Return airport transfer along with all sightseeing by Non Ac Innova / Xylo
- Inner line permits to the restricted area.
- Cost does not includes
- Airfares, items of any personal nature such as drinks, tips/ gratuities, etc
- Extra hotel nights due to flight cancellations, extra expenses incurred due to mishandled luggage, any insurance