As Nagaur is a part of Thar-Desert area which suffers with shortage of water, therefore, people are mainly involved in cattle breeding rather than being dependent on farming. Nagaur is not very far from fertile farming lands of Punjab, Haryana, and Rajasthan and so, attracts farmers from these areas for Nagauri Bail (Ox). Nagaur and their surrounding areas have best quality of Mirch (Red Chilli), Cumin and fenugreek. The city has a factory of best brand spices named MDH (Mahashiyaan Di Hatti). Also, India’s largest business community (Marwari) originally belongs to this region.The Nagaur Cattle Fair is scheduled during January – February (determined by the Lunar calendar), and villagers participate in the fair with thousands of cattle (including camel & horses) for trading.
The fair, which goes for ten days, is the largest rustic cattle fair in India, and boasts of trading about 100,000 bullocks, camels and horses every year.It is just not the number factor for which this fair has risen into popularity, but also it is about the quality of the cattle that has earned it a special reputation. In the Fair all the cattle are beautifully decorated. Thousands of animals, magnificently garlanded with lots of accessories, to provide a vibrant look to them, are gathered at the fair for trading. The owners, displaying their colourful turban and long moustaches, sell cows, bullocks, oxen, horses and camels. The fair is also popular for its Mirchi Bazaar (red chilly market), which is biggest in India and also trades wooden items, iron-crafts and camel leather accessories.
Besides doing business, the visitors get excellent opportunity to enjoy a diversity of enthralling activities at the fair.
- Assistance upon arrival and departure
- Accommodation on Twin sharing basis as per itinerary listed above or similar
- Daily Breakfast + Dinner (only packed lunch will be provided during long day trips)
- Return airport transfer along with all sightseeing by Non Ac Innova / Xylo
- Inner line permits to the restricted area.
- Cost does not includes
- Airfares, items of any personal nature such as drinks, tips/ gratuities, etc
- Extra hotel nights due to flight cancellations, extra expenses incurred due to mishandled luggage, any insurance